This is an exciting opportunity to lead the international team that creates, markets and delivers Christian holidays at Le Pas Opton, our French four-star holiday park.
Combining your passionate Christian faith with strategic and organisational skills, you will work with the UK Board and play a key part in managing operations in France, helping to shape the future and delivering excellence for our guests.
Reporting to the Board of Spring Harvest Holidays, you will give leadership to both the business and ministry aspects of the organisation, implementing strategy across finance, sales and marketing, content planning and compliance. Seconded as Vice President (Operations) of our French non-profit Association, you will also give direction to strategy and operations at Le Pas Opton by line-managing the directeur du camping (park manager).
Strategic business acumen and relationships are critical to this role. You will demonstrate proven success in managing multiple complex projects. You will also have great influencing skills and the ability to build trust with partners and colleagues, including speakers, worship leaders, business advisors and trustees. You will bring a strong and active Christian faith, applied consistently to work and everyday life.
This job is at the heart of fulfilling the vision of Spring Harvest Holidays: for our guests to enjoy superb holidays in an excellent environment, with optional Christian worship and Bible study for all ages. Spiritual renewal and biblical roots are central to our goals for our guests, alongside refreshment and relaxation for spirit, soul and body.
- Lead on strategy and implementation for the tour operator aspect of the company, setting prices and margins, defining marketing and sales plans, ensuring legal compliance and reporting to the Board on performance
- Plan the annual programme of speakers, worship leaders, feature holidays and partnerships
- Manage internal and external SHH relationships to ensure high service levels in IT, finance and HR (services provided by Essential Christian)
- Line manage and support the directeur du camping (park manager), ensuring quality and service levels are achieved on-site in France and that the strategy set by the Association Le Pas Opton Board is carried out
- Become a team player with Essential Christian managers, sharing skills and expertise, and also drawing on the rich human and material resources on offer.
This is a hybrid-working role based in Uckfield, East Sussex. You will be required to visit Le Pas Opton on a regular basis throughout the year. You will therefore live or be willing to relocate to within a 90-minute commute of the office and cross-channel ports in the southeast of England.
This role holds an occupational requirement under the Equality Act for the post-holder to be a practising and committed Christian, seeking to grow in their discipleship, and an active and regular worshipping member of a Christian church. You will also be able to demonstrate your commitment to the core values of Essential Christian.
The person specification and application process are detailed at springharvestholidays.com/recruitment
Applicants will be required to submit a CV and completed application form. Deadline for applications is Thursday 28 September. First interviews on zoom w/c 2 October 2023.